Coconut Mango Granola with Vanilla
Coconut Mango Granola is easy to make, delicately sweet and loaded with wholesome goodies. It’s a healthy breakfast option but it is not boring.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time55 mins
- 200 g/ 2¼cups Jumbo oats
- 3 tbsp Maple syrup
- 3 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp Coconut flakes
- 50 g/ 2oz Chopped dried mango
- 3 tbsp Pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 tsp Salt (optional - see notes)
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds (optional)
- 1 tbsp Sesame seeds (optional)
Preheat the oven to 170°C/ 325°F/ GM 3
Put the oats, pumpkin seeds and salt (if using) into a large bowl
Melt the coconut oil, mix in the maple syrup and vanilla extract and pour over the oats. Stir until all of the oats are coated in the liquid then spread onto a large baking sheet lined with baking parchment
Bake for 40-45 minutes, turning the oats every 15 minutes to ensure they cook evenly. They should all take on a beautiful golden colour. Once cooked, allow to cool completely on the tray (pouring them into a bowl or container could result in soggy oats)
Add the coconut flakes, and dried mango, plus the chia and sesame seeds. Store in an airtight jar for up to 2 weeks
1. The first time I made this granola, I forgot to add the salt. Being completely honest, I didn't miss it in the flavour, so I've continued to make it without, but it's up to you if you prefer to add a touch.
2. This granola is delicious served with fresh strawberries, which pair with the other flavours perfectly. A splash of cold milk or a spoonful of vanilla yoghurt completes the dish.