Summer Gin and Tonic with Elderflower & Lemon
The Summer Gin and Tonic is a refreshing twist on a classic G&T. A blend of elderflower liqueur with a dash of zingy lemon juice celebrates summer in a fashionable way for very little effort. Garnish with fresh elderflowers early in the summer for an intoxicating floral bouquet.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time0 mins
Total Time5 mins
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 3 tsp Elderflower Liqueur
- 40 ml/ 8 tsp London Dry Gin (preferably floral)
- 120 ml/ 1/2 cup Tonic water (preferably elderflower)
- 2-3 Slim wedges fresh lemon
- 2-3 Small sprigs fresh elderflowers (see notes) or mint/ rose petals
Ensure that the fresh elderflowers are free from insects - shake them firmly a few times - you will see tiny insects falling away.
If using rose petals do ensure that they are edible (ie not harmful sprays have been used on them as they grow).