Nutritiously rich. Heartwarmingly coloured. Packed with a well-rounded blend of spices. Golden Milk is the drink to enjoy all winter long. Great for boosting your immune system and fighting off nasty colds.
I've used regular cows milk in my recipe but you can substitute your milk of choice e.g. goats, almond, soya, rice....
- 400ml/ 1 3/4cups whole milk
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 cinnamon stick (5cm/ 2 inch)
- 4 cardamom pods (bashed open)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp honey (add more to taste)
- 2 slithers fresh ginger (1-2mm thick)
Put all of the ingredients into a small pan and heat until scalding
Reduce the heat to very low and allow to cook for 15 minutes, stirring occassionally
strain through a piece of muslin and serve immediately, adding more honey to taste