Gingerbread Date Shake
Gingerbread Date Shake is my tribute to healthy eating in January. This drink tastes sinfully good and will help alleviate sweet cravings but it's surprisingly healthy and loaded with wholesome ingredients.
- 10 Stoned soft dates (e.g. medjool or deglet nour)
- 375 ml/ 1 ½ cups Whole Milk (or dairy free substitute)
- 2 teaspoon Black treacle (molasses)
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon Ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- Pinch Ground nutmeg
- Pinch Ground cloves
- 4 ice cubes
Put all ingredients except the ice into a blender and whizz until smooth
Drop in the ice and blitz again until smooth
Taste - add a little more spice if desired - and serve immediately
The ingredients listed give a mild gingerbread flavour. Scale up the spices moderately for a punchier flavour if preferred.
The drink will settle over time. Just stir and enjoy.
Can be made in advance and stored in the fridge - shake well before serving to redistribute the dates.