Thai Salmon & Rice Bowls
Thai Salmon & Wild Rice Lunch Bowls deliver blissful bites of flaky salmon, fresh asparagus & wild rice all wrapped up in a tangy, spicy Thai style dressing.
For the bowl mix:
- 2 Salmon fillets (skinless, cooked)
- 200 g/ 7oz rice Wild Rice Mix - I used Biona see notes
- 250 g/ 9oz Asparagus stems - not too fat if you can choose
- 20 g/ 1oz Fresh coriander - reserve a few leaves for garnish
- 20 g/ 1oz Fresh mint - reserve a few leaves for garnish
- 6 Salad onions
For the Dressing:
- 3 tbsp Fish sauce
- 4 tbsp Lime juice
- 1 tsp Palm sugar
- 1 Garlic clove - peeled and chopped fine
- 1/2 Hot red chilli - deseeded and chopped fine (see notes)
Cook the rice according to the pack instructions. Set aside to cool
Trim the woody ends from the asparagus. Finely slice the remaining asparagus on the diagonal, plunge into boiling water for 1 minute, then refresh in cold water. Drain and set aside
Finely slice the salad onions and pick the coriander and mint leaves from their stalks. If the mint leaves are large, rip them into smaller pieces
Once the rice has cooled, add the asparagus, salad onions, mint and coriander. Flake the salmon into the bowl and and stir to combine
Make the dressing by mixing all ingredients in a bowl until the sugar dissolves
Pour the dressing over the salad, mix gently and spoon into bowls. Top with the reserved coriander and mint leaves and serve immediately
1. Biona Organic Wild Rice Mix contains red Camargue, white long grain and Canadian Wild rice. I think that brown rice would also work particularly well, but plain ol' white rice would be fine too.
2. You can adjust the amount of chilli according to your tastes. The 1/2 chilli suggestion is just my guide based on what a person who enjoys fairly spice food might like to eat at lunchtime.
Calories: 337kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 1112mg | Potassium: 935mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1289IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 4mg