Blackcurrant Smoothie with Mango & Mint
This blackcurrant smoothie with mango and mint is the perfect drink to refresh yourself with. Tart yet sweet and made with only 5 healthy ingredients - there is no added sugar in this beauty.
- 300 g/ 10.5 oz Mango peeled, stone removed
- 125 g/ 3.5 Blackcurrants
- 10 g/ 0.5oz Mint leaves fresh, removed from stem
- 375 ml/ 1.5 cups Coconut water
- 3 tbsp Greek yoghurt
Put all ingredients into the jug of a blender
Blitz until smooth then pour into glasses
Garnish as desired - a few blackcurrants, mint leaves and coconut works a treat
Serve straight away
Make it Vegan
Replace the dairy yoghurt with a suitable vegan alternative. Opt for plain, or coconut/ vanilla if plain is not to hand
This smoothie is best eaten fresh but can be stored in the fridge for 24 hours. It may discolour and separate. Simply stir or shake to bring the smoothie back together.
- It is perfectly fine to use fresh or frozen blackcurrants in this smoothie
- Likewise, fresh or frozen mango can also be used
- But ideally only one of these fruits will be frozen
- If using both frozen blackcurrants and frozen mango this drink will be quite thick and may need a little extra time in the blender. If it is too thick to process, splash in a little more water and try again
- If using fresh rather than frozen fruit remember to chill all of the smoothie ingredients to ensure the drink is deliciously cold once blended
- You may also like to add a couple of ice cubes to the blender to help chill the drink and thicken it slightly in lieu of any frozen fruit
- There is definitely no need to add ice if using entirely frozen fruit
- If you find this recipe isn't sweet enough for your tastes, then a drizzle of honey or maple syrup will help. Do, however, keep in mind that adding a sweetener will add extra sugar to the smoothie
- If this is a concern for you, alternatively try reducing the amount of blackcurrant and increasing the amount of mango. It may be enough to tip the balance of tart and sweet flavours for you, making the addition of a sweetener unnecessary.
Calories: 93kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 105mg | Potassium: 475mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 990IU | Vitamin C: 87mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 1mg