Spreadable Orange Caramel: downright delicious with a multitude of uses. Keep a jar in the fridge to perk up pancakes. Get the kids dipping fruit into it. You won’t be sorry you made it.
Two simple words: orange and caramel. Put them together with the word spreadable:
Spreadable Orange Caramel.
I’m not sure I need to say much more, but just in case, let me tell you that this caramel contains orange juice and orange zest, vanilla, a touch of salt, plenty of butter and a healthy drizzle of cream.
Utterly. Wickedly. Indulgent.
And no, I will not apologise.
I’m not even a tiny bit sorry to be sharing such an irresistible recipe with you today.
I created this sauce for a recipe due out shortly, but having made it, I can think of too many good ways to use this spread that it would be a shame not to elevate it to it’s own dedicated recipe & write-up.
Here are my thoughts on how to enjoy this downright delicious Spreadable Orange Caramel:
- With pancakes – with or without a dainty dollop of whipped cream
- On toast – straight up
- On brioche
- Dripping into crumpets (oh my)
- With waffles – maybe with some fresh orange slices and some cream
- Slightly warm and drizzled over ice cream
- Served warm with poached or roasted plums
- Warmed and poured over vanilla cheesecake
- Whipped into buttercream & frosting
- Spread on a layer cake (and on top too)
- drizzled over an orange topped creamy Pavlova
- To sandwich cookies together
- As a dip – I’m thinking fruit kebabs and cookies
That’s quite a list to get going on and I’ll be posting my cookie recipe that makes use of this caramel shortly.
Reminder – Shrove Tuesday: pancakes + spreadable orange caramel sauce =
New to making caramel? I have some tips for you to help you get started.