If you need a new twist on your usual cocktail repertoire try a Blackcurrant Mojito. It’s fun. It’s fruity. It’s akin to a classic Mojito but with attitude… and a hint of vanilla
What’s that well-known saying – if something isn’t broken don’t try to fix it? Would you mind terribly if I ignored the rulebook, just for today, and tampered with the classic Mojito cocktail ever so slightly? I’m hoping, and assuming, you won’t mind at all once I’ve introduced you to this snazzy little Blackcurrant Mojito of mine.
This cocktail has a lot in common with a classic Mojito – white rum, lime and mint. However… it has been supercharged with my Blackcurrant Cordial, which, you’ll be thrilled to discover, comes with a neat little hit of vanilla added to the mix. It’s these blackcurrant and vanilla flavours that really set this Blackcurrant Mojito on fire. Think fresh, juicy & slightly tart summertime flavours all bundled up with the sweet, intoxicating undertones of vanilla.
If you’re after a long, chilled summer drink to impress yourself (why not) or some guests, look no further. This Blackcurrant Mojito is abundantly fruity and slightly sparkling. The combination of blackcurrant, lime, mint and vanilla is sure to impress.
And just look at that radiant colour along with those bright, cheerful fresh mint sprigs. This cocktail really is the epitome of summertime – in a glass and with alcohol (bonus).
At the risk of writing my shortest post ever, what more can I say? It’s time to re-write the rulebook, put aside your usual Mojito recipe and give this Blackcurrant Mojito a try. It may just make your cocktail loving heart beat a little faster.
Find More Fruity Cocktails:
- Royal Hawaiian Cocktail with Maraschino – gin, pineapple & lemon heaven
- The Blushing Cuban – a blend of passionfruit & raspberry
- Aperol Tequila Twist – the name says it all
- Chilli Mango Punch – with a touch heat
Alternatively, make yourself some hibiscus simple syrup and go with a hibiscus mojito.
Blackcurrant Mojito with Vanilla
- 10 ml Lime juice
- 20 ml Blackcurrant (and vanilla) cordial – recipe available on this site
- 10 Mint leaves
- 40 ml White rum
- 80 ml Soda water
- ¼ Lime chopped into 3 wedges
- Crushed ice
- Mint sprigs
- Begin by putting the 10 mint leaves and the lime juice into a tall glass. Muddle with a muddler (or the end of a rolling pin)
- Top with crushed ice, layering in the lime wedges (give them a little squeeze as you drop them in)
- Pour the blackcurrant cordial into the glass, followed by the white rum
- Top with soda water, stir briefly and garnish with the mint sprigs
- Serve immediately