This rich, creamy and indulgent Chocolate Milkshake can be made with any chocolate but it’s a great way to use up leftover Easter Eggs. You can easily spike this shake with extra flavours or a drop of alcohol to add a personal touch if desired. Who says leftovers are boring now?
I’m going to be very honest. This Chocolate Milkshake is barely a recipe. I first made it a few years ago, purely because we had too many Easter Eggs cluttering up our cupboard and I was desperate to get rid of them (it was June). What emerged from my blender that summer’s day was a drink that was not just sensationally sweet and chocolately, it was also very photogenic. The photo went down a storm on Facebook or Instagram or somewhere else on social media and then I forgot all about it.
I came across that picture again a few days ago and realised that I really should share this Chocolate Milkshake with you. Sometimes those recipes that are so ridiculously straightforward are the ones we overlook. And who would really want to miss out on the richest, silkiest, most decadent Chocolate Milkshake they could ever lay their hands on?
Confession: I was also desperate to photograph this drink again and I do happen to have a cupboard bulging with a few too many Easter Eggs.
As you’ll see, the recipe is as easy as it gets. Any chocolate will do, but milk chocolate Easter Egg is my top recommendation to you. If you think that plain old Chocolate Milkshake is a little too obvious, then get creative and blend in an additional flavour such as:
- peppermint extract
- rose water
- a little coffee
- a splash of Baileys or rum
Whatever you decide, don’t forget to top your shake with a hearty dome of cream and a scattering of grated chocolate. Then sit back and gorge your eyes on that decadent looking drink before you devour the lot.
Should you be very lucky and still have excess chocolate to use up (when can I visit?), then I have a handful of recipes from some of my fellow blogger friends to recommend. Between us, we’ll help demolish you chocolate stash. Ready?
1. Use up your secret stash of Mini Eggs with these Easter Bird’s Nest Mini Cheesecakes – from Fox and Briar
2. Cram these Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookie Bars full of Easter Egg pieces or Mini Eggs – from Fearless Dining
3. Indulge completely with these Cadbury Creme Egg Donuts. Words fail me – from The Road to Honey
4. Use up all those lingering chocolate treats and eggs in this Skillet Cookie dessert – from Celebrating Sweets
5. Wait for it…. These Overloaded Easter Rocky Road Brownies will use up: dark chocolate; Mini Eggs; Lindor Eggs; Easter Haribo… Literally any Easter treat you have to hand. Our work is done. From Giraffes Can Bake
And that’s it. Consider your cupboard space free again.
Rich & Creamy Easter Egg Chocolate Milkshake
- 500 ml/ 2 cups Whole milk (see notes)
- 200 g/ 1 1/3 cup Broken chocolate - leftover Easter Egg is ideal
- Whipped cream
- Grated Chocolate
- Wafer Cigars
Optional Extras - all to taste
- Peppermint extract
- Cold coffee
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and put into a milk pan with 1/4 of the milk
- Heat gently until the chocolate has completely melted - stirring constantly with a wooden spoon
- If drinking immediately, pour the chocolate milk and the rest of the milk (plus optional flavourings) into a blender with 2 ice cubes (not more else the drink will be watery) and blend until frothy
- If storing for later, pour into an airtight container with the rest of the milk and flavourings and refrigerate. When ready to serve blend - without ice - just to create those lovely bubbles
- Pour into glasses, top with cream, grated chocolate and a wafer cigar and serve immediately
Do you Instagram? If you want to feast on gorgeous food pictures regularly you can follow along with me. It’s where you’ll find all of my food photography.
Pin for Later