Loaded with chocolate & cherry flavours this Bourbon Black Forest Cocktail is deeply warming and pleasantly sweet. It’s a particularly stylish winter drink.
It’s really happening. Christmas is only 1,2… 5 days away. For that reason, my post today will be short and to the point. Very soon I’m heading up to school to collect my excitable kids for their school holiday. I’m not actually certain who is more excited on this point – me or them. They still have days to wait before their real fun begins, whereas I’m already happy because we can slip into holiday mode in oh… just a few hours time.
But before then I just have a few more things that must get done. Like talking about this smart little Black Forest Cocktail.
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS. AS AN AMAZON ASSOCIATE I EARN FROM QUALIFYING PURCHASES.
This drink is a recipe that I’ve been desperate to share for quite some time and it’s perfect winter fodder.
Ingredients for the Bourbon Black Forest Cocktail
The name Black Forest cocktail is a bit of a give-away here. You surely won’t be surprised to hear that alongside the bourbon I’ve incorporated cherry brandy and chocolate liqueur.
These are all shaken together with ice and poured into a small glass….
… then there’s a delicate float of cream with a scattering of grated chocolate to top it off…
…. and there’s a Maraschino cherry hiding in the bottom of each glass.
I know! It’s like Christmas has come early… or late depending how far into winter we are when you a reading this.
This Bourbon Black Forest Cocktail is deeply warming and pleasantly sweet. In truth it’s all that is really needed to go alongside a cosy fire and fleecy blankets on a dark and chilly winter’s night. This Black Forest drink is equally well served as an adults-only dessert or a comforting nightcap.
Find More Winter Cocktails:
As if this Black Forest drink were not enough, I have plenty more wintery drinks to entice you with:
- Winter Aperol Spritz with Sloe Gin
- Winter Spiced Christmas Negroni
- Chocolate and Blackberry Bourbon Cocktail
- Winter Gin and Tonic with Elderflower & Sloe
- Mulled Gin Tonic with Apple
Bourbon Black Forest Cocktail
- 60 ml/ 4 tbsp bourbon
- 20 ml/ 1 tbsp + 1 tsp cherry brandy
- 15 ml/ 1 tbsp brown creme de cacoa
- 5 ml/ 1 tsp Kahlua
- float of cream (double/ heavy)
- maraschino cherries
- grated chocolate/ cocoa powder
- Put a cherry into each cocktail glass
- Put a handful of ice into a cocktail shaker or jug then add all of the alcohol
- Stir for 20 seconds then strain into the glasses
- Float a little double cream over the top of the cocktail (see notes)
- Sprinkle with grated chocolate or a little sieved cocoa powder
- Serve immediately